Tennis Falls to Presbyterian 7-0
ORLANDO, Fla. – The Southern New Hampshire University men's tennis team fell to Division I Presbyterian by a score of 7-0 on Monday afternoon. The Penmen are now 6-1 on the season while the Blue Hose improve to 8-6 overall.
Presbyterian swept doubles play before defeating the Penmen in six two-set singles matches.
Mitch Dobek (Westfield, Mass.), Juan Arango-Campo (Armenia Quindio, Colombia), and Mike Wallace (Mount Vernon, N.Y.) each put up a good fight in singles play before falling short to the Blue Hose. Dobek was defeated 6-2, and 6-4 to Grayson Mills in No. 1 singles play, while Arango-Campo fell short to Rafael Berghaus 6-4, and 6-1 at the No. 2 spot, and Wallace in No. 3 singles 6-4, 6-0 to Danny Bruce.
The Penmen return to action on Wednesday, March 6 when they travel to Southeastern (Fla.) for an 11:00 a.m. match.
1. MILLS, Grayson (PCM) def. Mitch Dobek (SNH) 6-2, 6-4
2. BERGHAUS, Rafael (PCM) def. Juan Arango-Campo (SNH) 6-4, 6-1
3. BRUCE, Danny (PCM) def. Mike Wallace (SNH) 6-4, 6-0
4. CROCKER, Nathan (PCM) def. Brad Malenich (SNH) 6-0, 6-2
5. WEAVER, Steven (PCM) def. Alex Mukdaprakorn (SNH) 6-1, 6-4
6. BROYHILL, P.H. (PCM) def. Tim Hamilton (SNH) 6-1, 6-0
1. O'CONNELL, William/BRIGHAM, Andrew (PCM) def. Mitch Dobek/Mike Wallace (SNH) 8-0
2. MILLS, Grayson/BERGHAUS, Rafael (PCM) def. Evan Eaton/Brad Malenich (SNH) 8-0
3. BRUCE, Danny/SNEAD, Edward (PCM) def. Juan Arango-Campo/Tim Hamilton (SNH) 8-1