Tennis Improves to 7-1 With Win Over Southeastern (FL)
LAKELAND, Fla. – The Southern New Hampshire men's tennis team defeated Southeastern (FL) by a score of 6-3 Wednesday afternoon to improve its overall record to 7-1, while the Fire fall to 2-8.
A sweep in doubles play along with three wins in singles action would push the Penmen past Southeastern.
Mitch Dobek (Westfield, Mass.) and Mike Wallace (Mount Vernon, Mass.) would notch an 8-3 win in No. 1 doubles play, while Juan Arango-Campo (Armenia Quindio, Colombia) and Evan Eaton (Winchester, Mass.) defeated Andrew Dickens and Luke Witte at the No. 2 spot. The Penmen number three doubles players would also notch a 9-7 win to complete the sweep.
Arango-Campo would notch another point for the Penmen in singles play as he defeated Andrew Dickens at the No. 2 singles spot. Brad Malenich (Sharon, Mass.) and Eaton also nabbed wins in singles action at the number four and number six singles positions for SNHU to secure the win.
The Penmen return to action tomorrow at 8:00 a.m. when they face Wayne St. (Mich.) in Kissimmee Florida.
1. Sergei Krasilnikov (SU) def. Mitch Dobek (SNH) 6-3, 7-6 (7-4)
2. Juan Arango-Campo (SNH) def. Andrew Dickens (SU) 7-5, 6-3
3. Jordan Harris (SU) def. Mike Wallace (SNH) 6-4, 7-6, (10-8)
4. Brad Malenich (SNH) def. David Adams (SU) 6-3, 7-6, (8-6)
5. Luke Witte (SU) def. Alex Mukdaprakorn (SNH) 4-6, 7-5, 10-8
6. Evan Eaton (SNH) def. Forrest Saunders (SU) 6-2, 6-0
1. Mitch Dobek/Mike Wallace (SNH) def. Sergei Krasilnikov/Jordan Harris (SU) 8-3
2. Juan Arango-Campo/Evan Eaton (SNH) def. Andrew Dickens/ Luke Witte (SU) 8-6
3. Alex Mukdaprakorn/Tim Hamilton (SNH) def. Will May/Forrest Saunders (SU) 9-7