When and Where: October 2, 2018 – Nashua, N.H. (Nashua Country Club – Par 71)
Score: Southern New Hampshire University – 648 (3rd/8)
Freshman Hannah May (Phoenix, Ariz.) carded a 78 at the final round of Merrimack College's Granite State Invitational on Tuesday, as the Southern New Hampshire University women's golf team finished third at Nashua Country Club.
- May improved on Monday's round by five strokes, as she finished tied for 11th with a 161.
- Sophomore Makyla Lewellen (Zainesville, Ohio) shaved a pair of shots off her opening round score with an 83 that tied her for 17th with a 164.
- Freshman Anna Casagrande (Pelham, Mass.) came in right behind in an 18th-place tie after improving by three strokes with an 81 that gave her a 165.
- Senior Morgan Mitchell (Charlton, Mass.), who was tied for the lead after the opening round with a 76, finished tied for ninth with a 158 following Tuesday's 82.
- Junior Brooke Barrett (Bedford, N.H.) also shot an 82, which was dropped, as she bettered her first round by three strokes to total a 167.
- Senior Kaitlyn Lutinski (Derry, N.H.), playing as an individual, tied for 13th with a 162, as she bettered Monday's round by two shots with an 80.
- Senior Kailey Coleman (No. Berwick, Maine), also playing as an individual, totaled a 194, penciling in a 90 Tuesday.
- Franklin Pierce University captured the tournament with a 621, defeating host Merrimack by three strokes.
- Merrimack's Krystal Knight was the individual winner with a 4-over 146, besting Franklin Pierce's Zoey Yamamoto by three shots.
- The Granite State Invitational was comprised of 50 student-athletes from eight institutions.
- The Penmen return to the links Oct. 6-7 when they host the Penmen Columbus Day Intercollegiate Classic at Derryfield Country Club.
For the latest on Southern New Hampshire University athletics, follow the Penmen via social media on Twitter, Facebook, Youtube and Instagram. Sign up to receive text message alerts and e-mail newsletters about your favorite Penmen teams here.