When and Where: September 5, 2018 – Waterbury, Conn. (LaMoy Field)
Score: Southern New Hampshire University 4, Post University 1
Records: SNHU 2-1-0, Post 0-3-0
Freshman Dorthea Glorud (Brumunddal, Norway) was one of eight different Penmen to record a point, as her goal opened the scoring to lead the 15th-ranked Southern New Hampshire University women's soccer team to a 4-1 victory over Post University on Wednesday afternoon at LaMoy Field.
- Glorud's goal was her first of the season.
- Sophomore Jaymie Caponigro (Swampscott, Mass.), junior Shae Roys (No. Billerica, Mass.) and freshman Oriane Hoeman (Burlington, Mass.) also added goals for the Penmen.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Glorud staked Southern New Hampshire to a 1-0 lead early in the 23rd minute with a goal off an assist from sophomore Allyson Patterson (Seekonk, Mass.).
- Caponigro doubled the lead just 4:26 before halftime, as she found the back of the net on a helper from freshman Sydney Carney (Northborough, Mass.).
- The match went to the break that way before Roys made it 3-0 midway through the 57th minute after graduate student Sydney Crema (Litchfield, N.H.) connected with her on a pass.
- Senior Danielle Humphreys (Hebron, Conn.), who was coming off a career-best five-point performance Sunday, set up goal No. 4, as Hoeman beat Post goalkeeper Cheyenne Grim to stretch the lead to 4-0.
- Kylee Opper broke up the shutout for Post in the 79th minute.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- Junior goalkeeper Brittany Wilkie (Victorville, Calif.) made one save to earn the win in her Penmen debut, while Grimm stopped eight shots.
- The Penmen held a massive 24-2 advantage in shots, including 14-0 in the opening half, as well as an 11-0 margin in corner kicks.
- The four-goal output for SNHU was its most since a 5-3 win at Saint Anselm College on Oct. 26, 2016.
- The goals for Glorud, Caponigro and Hoeman were their first in a Penmen uniform.
- The Penmen are now 21-6-5 (.734) over their last 32 matches dating back to the 2017 campaign.
- The Penmen are back in action Saturday, Sept. 8 (7 p.m.) when they play host to Le Moyne College in their home opener at Penmen Stadium, as part of the Penmen Kickoff & Stadium Open House. Click HERE for more information.
For the latest on Southern New Hampshire University athletics, follow the Penmen via social media on Twitter, Facebook, Youtube and Instagram. Sign up to receive text message alerts and e-mail newsletters about your favorite Penmen teams here.