This page will be updated throughout the tournament, as results become available.
Last updated: 09/16/18 10:15 p.m.
When and Where: September 14-16, 2018 – Flushing, N.Y. (USTA Billie Jean King NTC)
The Southern New Hampshire University women's tennis team wrapped up its time at the ITA East Regional Championships on Sunday, with freshman Alexxa Etienne (Bayamon, Puerto Rico) advancing the farthest before falling in the quarterfinal round of the main singles tournament. Senior Sofia Morais (Porto, Portugal) also made a long run, making it into the round of 16. In the doubles bracket, Morais and classmate Anna Sala (Matadepera, Spain) advanced all the way to the quarterfinals.
SINGLES MAIN (BRACKET)
- Nathabi Mogopodi (Roberts Wesleyan) def. Sofia Morais, 4-6, 6-3, 1-0(8) (R16)
- Sofia Morais def. Reehan Rashad (Queens (N.Y.)), 6-4, 6-4 (R32)
- Sofia Morais def. Joanna Skrzypczynska (District of Columbia), 6-3, 6-3 (R64)
- Nathabi Mogopodi (Roberts Wesleyan) def. Alexxa Etienne, 7-5, 3-6, 1-0 (8) (QF)
- Alexxa Etienne def. Karla Miletic (USciences), 0-6, 6-3, 1-0 (5) (R16)
- Alexxa Etienne def. Mia Covic (Chestnut Hill), 4-6, 7-5, 1-0 (6) (R32)
- Alexxa Etienne def. Marie Rondot (Wilmington (Del.)), 6-4, 6-4 (R64)
- Barbara Quagliardi (NYIT) def. Anna Sala, 6-1, 6-0 (R32)
- Anna Sala def. Marta Nunez (Le Moyne), 3-6, 6-3, 1-0 (5) (R64)
- Barbara Quagliardi/Diana Baumgartnere def. Sofia Morais/Anna Sala, 8-2 (QF)
- Sofia Morais/Anna Sala def. Monica Borobia/Ann Kathrin Zilles (NYIT), 8-3 (R16)
- Sofia Morais/Anna Sala def. Joanna Skrzypczynska/Anastasiia Danylova (District of Columbia), 9-7 (R32)
- Sofia Morais/Anna Sala def. Danielle Paran/Stephanie Mazurek (USciences), 8-3 (R64)
SINGLES QUALIFIER (BRACKET)
- Sofia Morais def. Meredith Wedro (Merrimack), 8-2 (R2)
- Sofia Morais def. Danielle Paran (USciences), 8-5 (R1)
- Bethany Hammond (Stonehill) def. Rachel Wagner, 8-3 (R2)
- Rachel Wagner def. Samantha Bloecker (Molloy), 8-2 (R1)
- Franziska Putschbach (Concordia (N.Y.)) def. Elizabeth Dwyer, 8-3 (R2)
- Elizabeth Dwyer def. Brianna Laureti (Le Moyne), 8-5 (R1)
- Camila Humala (Le Moyne) def. Phebe Hall, 8-0 (R1)
- Tiffany Hamden (Le Moyne) def. Abbey Killiam, 8-1 (R1)
For the latest on Southern New Hampshire University athletics, follow the Penmen via social media on Twitter, Facebook, Youtube and Instagram. Sign up to receive text message alerts and e-mail newsletters about your favorite Penmen teams here.