When and Where: October 4, 2018 – Hooksett, N.H. (SNHU Tennis Courts at Penmen Stadium)
Score: Post University 4, Southern New Hampshire University 3
Records: Post 5-3, SNHU 5-5
Freshman Alexxa Etienne (Bayamon, Puerto Rico) chalked up a pair of wins, but the Southern New Hampshire University women's tennis team fell to Post University, 4-3, Thursday afternoon at the SNHU Tennis Courts at Penmen Stadium.
- Etienne was a 6-4, 6-0 winner against Dea Lako at No. 3 singles, in addition to teaming with senior Rachel Wagner (Framingham, Mass.) for a 6-1 No. 2 doubles victory over Areej Fareh and Juliana Seabra.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- After dropping No. 3 doubles, the Penmen battled back to tie it with the win by Etienne and Wagner, before seniors Anna Sala (Matadepera, Spain) and Sofia Morais (Porto, Portugal) secured the point with a 6-2 triumph at No. 1 against Andrea Sandoval and Lako.
- Etienne then made it 2-0 with her singles win.
- Wins at Nos. 5 and 6 singles for Post forged a 2-2 tie before Morais posted a 6-1, 6-1 victory over Fareh to give the Penmen the edge.
- Sala suffered a close 7-5, 6-3 loss to Sandoval at No. 1 to leave the match tied.
- Wagner won the first set of her No. 4 singles match with Seabra, 6-1, but then fell in the second set, 6-4, as well as the final set, 10-5, as Post swiped the victory.
- The Penmen, who had entered the match winners of three of their last four, were once again without both their Nos. 1 and 5 singles players.
- The Penmen are back in action Saturday, Oct. 6 (11 a.m.) when they play host to Le Moyne College.
For the latest on Southern New Hampshire University athletics, follow the Penmen via social media on Twitter, Facebook, Youtube and Instagram. Sign up to receive text message alerts and e-mail newsletters about your favorite Penmen teams here.