When and Where: October 14, 2018 – Rindge, N.H. (FPU Tennis Courts)
Score: Southern New Hampshire University 7, Franklin Pierce University 0
Records: SNHU 7-6 (6-4 NE10), FPU 2-12 (2-9 NE10)
Senior Sofia Morais (Porto, Portugal) did not lose a game in two matches, as the Southern New Hampshire University women's tennis team breezed past Franklin Pierce University, 7-0, Sunday afternoon at the FPU Tennis Courts.
- Morais blanked Grayson LaCroix, 6-0, 6-0, at No. 2 singles and also teamed with classmate Anna Sala (Matadepera, Spain) for a 6-0 shutout of Alana Wyatt and Brigid Washburn at No. 1 doubles.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- After Sala and Morais posted their doubles win, freshmen Lior Pachuorkovski (Zoran, Israel) and Elizabeth Dwyer (Cutchogue, N.Y.) repeated the same 6-0 score at No. 3 doubles against Kelly O'Donnell and Shelli Safran to clinch the point. Freshman Alexxa Etienne (Bayamon, Puerto Rico) and senior Rachel Wagner (Framingham, Mass.) made it a clean sweep of doubles with a 6-1 triumph over Sarah Rich and Grayson LaCroix at No. 2.
- Etienne began singles play with a 6-0, 6-0 takedown of Rich at No. 3 singles, before Morais earned her victory to make it 3-0.
- Pachuorkovski moved to 2-0 on the year in singles with a 6-0, 6-2 defeat of Washburn at No. 4 to clinch the match.
- Sala made it 5-0 with a No. 1 singles win over Wyatt, 6-4, 6-2.
- Wagner shut out O'Donnell, 6-0, 6-0 at No. 5 to extend the lead to 6-0.
- Dwyer capped the victory with a 6-1, 6-0 win against Safran at No. 6.
- The Penmen, who have now won two straight, move to within a half-game of the final playoff spot in the Northeast-10 standings.
- The Penmen wrap up the fall regular season Thursday, Oct. 18 (3 p.m.) when they play host to Stonehill College.
For the latest on Southern New Hampshire University athletics, follow the Penmen via social media on Twitter, Facebook, Youtube and Instagram. Sign up to receive text message alerts and e-mail newsletters about your favorite Penmen teams here.