|Previous College:||Boston College|
- Made 13 starts and 14 appearances for the Penmen.
- Drafted by the Los Angeles Dodgers in the 31st round of the MLB Draft (939th overall pick).
- Consensus All-Region selection, earning ABCA First Team honors and Second Team accolades from Daktronics and the NCBWA.
- Northeast-10 First Team All-Conference selection.
- Capital One First Team Academic All-America and Academic All-District.
- NE-10 Scholar-Athlete Sport Excellence Award winner for baseball.
- Northeast-10 All-Academic Team.
- Compiled a 9-2 record, 2.59 earned run average and 100 strikeouts in 93.2 innings of work.
- Held opponents to a .232 batting average against.
- Struck out at least 10 batters three times, including a career-best 15 batters in SNHU’s Northeast-10 first round win over Bentley (5/7).
- Named Most Valuable Player of the NE-10 Championship after securing a win in the final with his lone save of the season.
- Combined with Tim Viehoff to set a nine-inning NCAA record for strikeouts in a game against Saint Anselm (22), striking out 11 in five innings (4/3).
- Finished as program’s all-time leader in wins with 20. Also ranks second in career innings pitched (246.1) and third in career ERA (2.52) and career strikeouts (231).
2013: Appeared in 11 games for the Penmen… started in all 11 of those games… pitched a total of 73.2 innings… pitched 71 strikeouts throughout the season… compiled an ERA of 1.34...posted a season high 12 strikeouts in a SNHU 4-3 victory over Felician (5/5)…had nine strikeouts in a contest with Bentley (4/19)...was named to the Capital One Academic All-America baseball team.
2012: Redshirted the season following offseason surgery.
2011: Made four starts and posted a 5.19 ERA and 1-1 record…allowed three hits and one run while striking out five in a complete-game victory at Saint Rose (4/16)…struck out a season-high seven batters in eight innings while scattering 11 hits against Adelphi (4/22).
2010: Made nine appearances (eight starts) and led all Penmen starters with a 2.72 ERA…struck out 44 in 53 innings of work and posted a 4-2 record…named to the Northeast-10 All-Rookie Team…allowed five hits in 6.2 innings in his collegiate debut against Dowling (3/7)…allowed five hits and one run in six innings en route to a victory over Saint Michael’s (3/20)…fanned nine and scattered nine hits in eight innings in a win over Stonehill (4/5)…allowed just one run in a complete-game victory over Saint Anselm, scattering 10 hits (4/22)…surrendered five hits in seven innings to pick up the victory at Bentley (4/30).
High School/Personal: 2009 graduate of Franklin HS where he lettered in baseball, basketball, and golf...played baseball for the Tornadoes under coaches Bill Prescott and Tom Charbono and played basketball and golf for Dave Shorey...posted a 10-1 record his senior year and recorded eight complete games, threw two no-hitters and struck out 81 batters...also maintained a .516 batting average...named captain of the Tornadoes his senior year...four-time All-State selection, including two first team All-State selections...also named Class M player of the year in 2009...named to the 2008 Junior Showcase team as well as the 2009 Maine-NH All-Star team...member of the National Honor Society and was class valedictorian...son of Dan and Renee Sylvester...father played baseball at Plymouth State...double major in Psychology and Sociology.