When and Where: September 19, 2018 – Waltham, Mass. (Bentley Field)
Score: Bentley University 3, Southern New Hampshire University 2
Records: Bentley 5-1, SNHU 1-3
Redshirt-junior Cassidy Huckins (Loudon, N.H.) scored a pair of second-half goals, but the Southern New Hampshire University field hockey team was nipped by Bentley University, 3-2, Wednesday evening at Bentley Field.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Bentley grabbed a 1-0 lead 11:00 into the match when Janelle Magoon set up a Tess Anderson goal off a scramble in front.
- The Falcons doubled their lead just over two minutes later when Keally Ingersoll found the back of the cage off a rebound.
- The score stayed that way into the second half when Huckins scored 2:01 in to slice the Penmen deficit in half.
- Bentley regained its two-goal advantage midway through the 45th minute when Mikayla Ullrich struck off a pass from Sam Pavano, following Rachel Crowley's corner insert.
- Huckins added another tally from in close with 1:25 on the clock in regulation, but, following a Bentley timeout, SNHU would not get off another shot.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- Senior goalkeeper Melanie Rennie (Madison, Conn.) made six saves, while Jana Mones turned aside three shots for Bentley.
- The Falcons outshot the Penmen, 15-12, and also owned a 9-7 advantage in penalty corners.
- After redshirting last season, the goals are Huckins' first since Oct. 5, 2016.
- Southern New Hampshire is back in action Saturday (Sept. 22) when it plays host to Southern Connecticut State University at noon in its Northeast-10 opener at Larkin Field.
For the latest on Southern New Hampshire University athletics, follow the Penmen via social media on Twitter, Facebook, Youtube and Instagram. Sign up to receive text message alerts and e-mail newsletters about your favorite Penmen teams here.