When and Where: October 23, 2018 – St. Anselm College, (Grappone Stadium), Manchester, N.H.
Score: St. Anselm College 2, Southern New Hampshire University 1 (2 OT)
Records: SNHU 7-6 (5-3 Northeast-10 Conference), St. Anselm 8-5 (5-3 Northeast-10 Conference)
Senior Maddie Holt tied the game with a goal in the 53rd minute, but the SNHU Penmen fell to St. Anselm 2-1 in double overtime on Tuesday night at Grappone Stadium.
- Holt scored her seventh goal of the season for the Penmen on a rebound early in the second half.
- Carly LaCasse came up with the game-winner for the Hawks at 83:25 when she was able to get to a loose ball in front of the SNHU net.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Penmen had the first few opportunities of the contest with Senior Maddie Holt (Seabrook, N.H.) denied on two shots in front at the 11 minute mark.
- Junior Megan Lewis-Taylor (Nashua, N.H.) missed wide with a solid shot for the Penmen in the 29th minute.
- Sophomore Hannah Porter gave St. Anselm a 1-0 lead with 24 seconds remaining in the half when she back-handed a shot in off a pass from Hannah Friend in front of the net. It was her sixth goal of the season.
- The Penmen tied the game 1-1 at 52:45 when Holt connected on a rebound off a shot by Senior Lindsey Poirier (South Berwick, Maine).
- LaCasse scored the game-winner after the Hawks created a breakaway and sent the ball in front of the net.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- The Hawks had only one shot on goal in the first half, but it went in. The Penmen had three shots on goal before the intermission.
- Southern New Hampshire outshot St. Anselm 13-8 for the contest.
- The Penmen had seven penalty corners in the final 4:16 of the contest, but could not score. Freshman Faye Turkman (Bergen, The Netherlands) took a shot with eight seconds to go that was tipped wide to send the teams to overtime.
- Southern New Hampshire saw a three-game win streak snapped.
- The overtime loss was also the first of the season for SNHU, which had won the two previous contests which went into extra time.
- Holt also scored the only goal for the Penmen in a 4-1 loss to the Hawks on September 12 on Larkin Field.
- Holt has seven goals, second on the team to redshirt junior Cassidy Huckins (Loudon, N.H.).
- The start of the game was delayed nearly an hour due to weather conditions.
- The next home game for the Penmen is Saturday, Oct. 27 (4 p.m.) when they play host to Pace University on Larkin.
For the latest on Southern New Hampshire University athletics, follow the Penmen via social media on Twitter, Facebook, Youtube and Instagram. Sign up to receive text message alerts and e-mail newsletters about your favorite Penmen teams here.