When and Where: September 5, 2018 – Waterbury, Conn. (LaMoy Field)
Score: Southern New Hampshire University 1, Post University 0
Records: SNHU 3-0-0, Post 1-2-0
Senior Alex Satrustegui (Pamplona, Spain) stayed red hot, scoring in the 74th minute to lift the Southern New Hampshire University men's soccer team to a 1-0 win against Post University on Wednesday at LaMoy Field.
- Satrustegui's goal is his seventh of the season.
- Senior goalkeeper Daniel Milton (Ajax, Ontario) turned aside both shots he faced for his second consecutive shutout.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Satrustegui was stopped in the 23rd minute by Post goalkeeper Fredrik Pedersen, who would make another save just over two minutes later to keep it scoreless.
- After Milton made a save on a bid off a corner service late in the 70th minute, graduate student Jonathan Cruickshank (Diego Martin, Trinidad & Tobago) sent a cross into the box from the left for Satrustegui, who headed the ball into the back of the net to make it 1-0.
- Milton was not forced to make a stop the rest of the way, as the Penmen kept the pressure on the hosts.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- Pedersen made six saves for Post.
- The Penmen doubled up the Eagles in shots, 18-9, including 11-4 in the opening half.
- SNHU held an 8-6 edge in corner kicks, including 6-1 in the first stanza.
- Southern New Hampshire improves to 3-0 for the fifth straight season.
- It is the first time SNHU has posted back-to-back shutouts since Sept. 17-21, 2016.
- Satrustegui has now scored in 16 of the 20 matches he has played in with the Penmen, who are 14-2 when he finds the back of the net.
- With seven goals for 14 points through just three games, Satrustegui is nearly halfway to his goal (15) and point (34) totals from 17 matches a year ago.
- Milton's shutout is the sixth of his career.
- Southern New Hampshire is now 84-11-9 (.851) over its last 104 matches dating back to the beginning of the 2013 National Championship season.
- The Penmen are back in action Saturday, Sept. 8 (4 p.m.) when they play host to Molloy College at Penmen Stadium, as part of the Penmen Kickoff & Stadium Open House. Click HERE for more information.
For the latest on Southern New Hampshire University athletics, follow the Penmen via social media on Twitter, Facebook, Youtube and Instagram. Sign up to receive text message alerts and e-mail newsletters about your favorite Penmen teams here.