When and Where: September 1, 2018 – Manchester, N.H. (St. Anselm College)
Distance: Men's race, 8K
Results: Southern New Hampshire University – 1st/5 (65)
Sophomore Cedric Jocelyn (Nyack, N.Y.) edged sophomore teammate Micah Hewitson (New Market, Md.) in a photo finish and the Southern New Hampshire University men's cross country team opened its 2018 season with its first-ever team win in the 37th annual Philip J. Shacklette Invitational.
- It took a video review to separate teammates Jocelyn and Hewitson, who both ran the eight-kilometer course in 27:12.
- Junior Michael Moreno (Houston, Texas) finished third in 27:14.
- Freshman Conner Leone (Southington, Conn.) was seventh overall at 27:45.
- In his first meet, freshman Ethan Matthews (Ayer, Mass.) ran 27:54 and finished ninth.
- Southern New Hampshire participated in the Shacklette for the first time since 2015. Merrimack finished second, followed by Bentley, St. Anselm and St. Michael's.
- The best previous finishes in the Shacklette were seconds in 2006 and 2015.
- Joceyln is the second SNHU runner to win the event and the first since Nacho Hernando-Angulo '17 in 2015.
- The Penmen will compete at the UMass Dartmouth Corsair Invitational on September 15.
For the latest on Southern New Hampshire University athletics, follow the Penmen via social media on Twitter, Facebook, Youtube and Instagram. Sign up to receive text message alerts and e-mail newsletters about your favorite Penmen teams here.