When and Where: September 15, 2018 – Dartmouth, Mass. (UMass-Dartmouth)
Distance: Men's race, 5 miles
Results: Southern New Hampshire University – 1st/45 (295)
Sophomore Cedric Jocelyn (Nyack, N.Y.) finished fourth overall and the Southern New Hampshire University men's cross country team captured first-place on Saturday at the 46th annual UMass-Dartmouth Buddy Harris Cross Country Invitational. Sophomore Micah Hewitson (New Market, Md.) finished fifth of 295 runners and junior Michael Moreno (Houston, Texas) finished seventh to lead the Penmen. It's the second consecutive meet win to open the season. SNHU won the Shacklette at St. Anselm on September 1 to open the season.
- Jocelyn ran the five-mile course in 25:08.23 while Hewitson finished in 25:11.20
- Junior Michael Moreno (Houston, Texas) finished seventh overall in 25:15.09
- In his second meet, freshman Ethan Matthews (Ayer, Mass.) ran 25:47.29 and finished 23rd
- Freshman Alex Boedeker (Attleboro, Mass.) ran 35th in a time of 26:09.45
- Freshman Conner Leone (Southington, Conn.) was 38th in 26:16.71
- Southern New Hampshire participated in the UMass-Dartmouth Buddy Harris Invitational for the first time since 2015, when they finished sixth
- WPI finished second, followed by American International, Franklin Pierce and Trinity
- The top finisher on Saturday was senior Sam Brunette of Plymouth State University
- The Penmen will compete at the New England Championships on October 6 in Boston
For the latest on Southern New Hampshire University athletics, follow the Penmen via social media on Twitter, Facebook, Youtube and Instagram. Sign up to receive text message alerts and e-mail newsletters about your favorite Penmen teams here.