When and Where: October 6, 2018 – Boston, Mass. (Franklin Park)
Distance: Men's race, 8k
Results: Southern New Hampshire University – 8th/26 (121)
Sophomore Cedric Jocelyn (Nyack, N.Y.) continued his strong 2018 season with a 23rd place finish at the New England Championships on Saturday in Boston. The Penmen ran eighth overall in a 26-team field which included student-athletes from Divisions I, II and III.
- Jocelyn's time of 25:37.62 was 49 seconds better than last year, when he was the first NCAA Division II rookie to cross the line.
- Freshman Ethan Matthews (Ayer, Mass.) and junior Michael Moreno finished together in 33rd and 34th in 25:48.03 and 25:49.23.
- Sophomore Micah Hewitson (New Market, Md.) was next in for the Penmen at 26:03.71 in 50th place
- Freshman Conner Leone (Southington, Conn.) was 85th in 26:32.51.
- The Penmen also fielded a team in the 8k sub-varsity race, finishing 10th among 14 teams. The top SNHU performer in that race was sophomore Jack Ardrey (Milford, Conn.).
- The University of Massachusetts-Amherst, with 84 points, finished first, ahead of Northeastern (116), and the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (125).
- Stonehill College, which won the men's team title last year, finished fourth, while American International was in fifth place.
- The top finisher on Saturday was Leakey Kipkosgei of American International.
- The Penmen will compete at the Bruce Kirsh Cup in Hopkinton, N.H. on October 20 in preparation for the NE10 Championships, which will also be held at the Hopkinton Fairgrounds.
For the latest on Southern New Hampshire University athletics, follow the Penmen via social media on Twitter, Facebook, Youtube and Instagram. Sign up to receive text message alerts and e-mail newsletters about your favorite Penmen teams here.