When and Where: October 20, 2018 – Bruce Kirsh Cross Country Cup (Hopkinton, N.H.)
Distance: Men's race, 8k
Results: Southern New Hampshire University – 2nd/11 (106)
SNHU finished in second place in Saturday's Bruce Kirsh Cup in Hopkinton, N.H as four Penmen finished in the top 15 in the final tune-up before the November 4 NE10 Championships.
- Junior Michael Moreno (Houston, Texas) finished eighth overall, running a 25:52.5.
- Sophomore Cedric Jocelyn (Nyack, N.Y.) was tenth in at 25:53.7.
- Freshman Ethan Matthews (Ayer, Mass.) has another fine meet, running 26:00.5. He ran 14th overall.
- Sophomore Micah Hewitson (New Market, Md.) was next in for the Penmen at 26:04.5 in 15th place.
- Freshman Alex Boedeker (Attleboro, Mass.) also earned points for the Penmen with his 26th place run (26:40.2) just ahead of fellow freshman Conner Leone (Southington, Conn.).
- Franklin Pierce freshman Riley Fenoff won the race with a time of 25:17.8. Southern Connecticut freshman Chrisopher Lebeau ran second.
- Southern Connecticut had four of the top seven runners. The Owls finished with 29 points, SNHU had 73 points and third-place Merrimack finished with 79.
- The Penmen will compete at the NE10 Championships on Sunday, November 4. The meet will be also be held at the Hopkinton Fairgrounds.
For the latest on Southern New Hampshire University athletics, follow the Penmen via social media on Twitter, Facebook, Youtube and Instagram. Sign up to receive text message alerts and e-mail newsletters about your favorite Penmen teams here.