When and Where: April 1, 2019 – Hooksett, N.H. (SNHU Softball Field)
Score: #18 Southern New Hampshire 22, Franklin Pierce 1 (5 inn.)
Records: SNHU 21-4 (6-0 NE10, 4-0 NE10 NE), Franklin Pierce 5-15 (0-4 NE10, 1-5 NE10 NE)
- SNHU senior Erin Garczynski went 3-for-4 with a pair of two-run doubles.
- Freshman Emily Carbonneau homered and drove in five runs.
- Junior Jordan Wade went 4-for-4 with three RBI.
- Junior Maddy Barone (Halifax, Mass.) improved to 11-1, tossing another complete game.
How It Happened:
-The Penmen rolled to a 4-0 in the bottom of the first inning- a frame which included three errors by the Ravens. Sophomore Emily Critch (Halifax, Mass.) knocked in the first run with a single.
-Freshman Emily Carbonneau (Lowell, Mass.) and junior Jordan Wade (East Taunton, Mass.) each had RBI singles in a five-run second inning as the Penmen opened a 9-0 lead.
-Franklin Pierce hit the board in the top of the third inning on a sacrifice fly by sophomore Ashley Rosario.
-SNHU extended the lead to 11-1 on the first of two bases-loaded doubles by Garczynski in the bottom of the third inning. Wade added an RBI single and sophomore Jackie Gavin (Laconia, N.H.) knocked in a run with a sacrifice fly.
-A nine-run bottom of the fourth made it 22-1, with Garczynski knocking in two more runs with a double and Carbonneau hitting a three-run homer.
- During the current 13-game win streak, the Penmen have recorded six shutouts, and outscored the opponent 68-8.
- Garczynski, who had a 13-game hit streak snapped in the second game on Saturday, had her sixth three-hit game of the season
- The home run by Emily Carbonneau was her fourth of the season, she now has 18 RBI.
- The run allowed by Barone was unearned, so her ERA fell to 1.02, which is tops in the Northeast-10. Earlier in the day, she was awarded her second NE10 Pitcher of the Week award.
- The Penmen will host Saint Michael's College in a Northeast-10 doubleheader on Wednesday (3/5 p.m.).
- SNHU will also play conference doubleheaders with Pace (Saturday) and Adelphia (Sunday).
For the latest on Southern New Hampshire University athletics, follow the Penmen via social media on Twitter, Facebook, Youtube and Instagram. Sign up to receive text message alerts and e-mail newsletters about your favorite Penmen teams here.