When and Where: April 18, 2019 – Hooksett, N.H. (SNHU Softball Field)
Game One: Stonehill 5, #13 Southern New Hampshire 3
Game Two: #13 Southern New Hampshire 3, Stonehill 0
Records: SNHU 33-9 (17-4 NE10, 11-4 NE10 Northeast), Stonehill 14-20 (10-12 NE10, 8-8 NE10 Northeast)
- Sophomore Olivia Strasser (Rutland, Mass.) pitched a complete game, five-hitter to improve to 13-1, 0.95 ERA. In April, she has allowed two earned runs in 46 IP (0.39 ERA).
- Senior Erin Garczynski (Norwood, Mass.) had three doubles on the day.
- Sophomore Emily Critch (Halifax, Mass.) hit the only home run on the day, a two-run shot in the first game.
- Junior Jordan Wade (East Taunton, Mass.) had three hits on the day, driving in runs in both games.
GAME ONE: Stonehill 5-3
- The Skyhawks rallied with three runs in the top of the seventh inning to stun the Penmen in the opener.
- SNHU opened a 2-0 lead in the bottom of the third inning. After junior Erin Tyrrell (Milford, N.H.) reached on an error, sophomore Emily Critch (Halifax, Mass.) cleared the fence in left for her fourth homer of the season.
- A two-out, two-run single by Stonehill's Julia Hartman tied the game in the top of the fifth inning.
- The Penmen bounced back in the bottom of the frame to take a 3-2 lead. Consecutive two-out doubles by senior Erin Garczynski (Norwood, Mass.) and junior Jordan Wade (East Taunton, Mass.) produced the run.
- Senior Maddy Barone (Halifax, Mass.) had a chance to close out a win, but was lifted after walking Michelle Theilgard and allowing a single to Genna Hartman. Julia Hartman then singled off sophomore Ali Atherton (Milford, Mass.) to load the bases with one out.
- With junior Gabriella Vachon in the circle, Sophie Perez reached on a fielders choice to draw the Skyhawks even. After a play at the plate recorded the second out, leftfield Caroline Casey ripped a two-run single to right field.
- Stonehill's Katherine Rayner (13-10) earned the complete game win working around a single by Wade in the bottom of the seventh inning. Atherton (1-3) was tagged with the loss.
GAME TWO: SNHU 3-0
- SNHU starter sophomore Olivia Strasser (Rutland, Mass.) pitched her seventh shutout of the season, allowing five hits and walking three.
- The only Stonehill runner to advance past first base was the game's leadoff hitter. Michaelle Theilgard doubled and advanced to third on a groundout. She was stranded there.
- The Penmen scored three times in the bottom of the first inning. Critch started the inning with a single and Garczynski followed with a double. Wade knocked in the first run with base hit to make it 1-0.
- Garczynski scored from third on a groundout by sophomore Shay Sauvageau (Griswold, Conn.) and Wade crossed the plate on a bunt single by sophomore Jackie Gavin (Laconia, N.H.).
- The Penmen had a solid game in the field. Sauvageau robbed the opposing pitcher Julia Perrone (L, 1-3) of a hit with a diving stab of a line drive in the third inning. SNHU turned a double play in the fourth when Strasser stabbed a grounder and started a 1-6-3 double play.
- There are six games remaining in the regular season. The Penmen trail Saint Anselm by two games in the NE10 Northeast Division with one game remaining between the teams next Tuesday. The Hawks walked-off on Assumption 1-0 on Thursday.
- With three hits, Garczynski raised her season average to .405, tops in the NE10.
- The Penmen will return to action Monday, April 22 at the SNHU Softball Field. They will take on Stonehill for a final time this season in the 1:30 p.m. opener, followed by a game against Saint Michael's College.
For the latest on Southern New Hampshire University athletics, follow the Penmen via social media on Twitter, Facebook, Youtube and Instagram. Sign up to receive text message alerts and e-mail newsletters about your favorite Penmen teams here.