* Up to 25 athletes may be selected for the team, male and female.
* Must have a minimum of a back handspring to make the competition team
* Athletes may be selected for the game team without the necessary tumbling if the potential is there to acquire the tumbling
* School work / GPA must be high priority.
*Athletes are expected to participate in all community service and team activities to promote SNHU.
*Expected to be ambassadors for Southern New Hampshire University
* Practice will begin in early September and will run until middle of April
* Practices will generally be 3 to 4 times per week including weekend practices
*Practices will usually run for two and a half hours with some later evenings.
* All members of the SNHU Cheerleading Program will be required to participate in cardiovascular workouts and strength training workouts with an assigned group
* Conditioning / Cardio workouts will last one hour
* Athletes run each practice
Games & Performance’s
* SNHU Varsity Cheerleaders cheer at home men's and women’s basketball games
* The team performs during time-outs and half-time at all home men's basketball games.
* The team may compete in local, and regional competitions provided the event does not interfere with the basketball schedule
* SNHU cheer is a competitive program that does focus on competition as a priority
* If the team enters a competition, the practice schedule may increase to prepare for the competition.
* All SNHU Cheerleaders will be required to participate in fundraising activities
* Money raised will subsidize the cost of camp attendance, overnight accommodations for an out-of-town competition, plaques and awards, etc.