When and Where: September 23, 2018 – Manchester, N.H. (Larkin Field)
Score: Southern New Hampshire University 2, Molloy 1 (OT)
Records: SNHU 3-3, Molloy 4-4
Senior Maddie Holt (Seabrook, N.H.) delivered her second goal of the game in overtime to give the Penmen a win in the final non-conference game of the season on Sunday against Molloy College.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Penmen dominated the run of play in the first half with 17 shots to two for the visiting Lions.
- SNHU took a 1-0 at 17:18 on a goal from Holt off a nice cross pass by Sophomore Hélène Servais (Brussels, Belgium).
- The teams battled through more than 33 minutes of the second half without a goal.
- Lion forward Nadia Elcock tied the contest with a little over one minute remaining when she converted a turnover to make it 1-1.
- Holt scored the game-winner at 76:26 off a pass from Freshman Emily Campbell (Raynham, Mass.) for the victory.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- The Penmen swept the two contests played on Larkin Field this weekend. They snapped a three-game losing streak with a 7-3 NE-10 win Saturday over So. Connecticut.
- SNHU outshot the Lions 33-6 and had 20 corners to just six for the visitors.
- Senior Melanie Rennie (Madison, Conn.) made three saves to improve to 3-3 on the season.
- Holt doubled her goal output for the season, scoring her third and fourth of the campaign.
- The Penmen defense did a solid job limiting Molloy leading scorer Zoe Norton just one shot.
- Southern New Hampshire is back in action Saturday (Sept. 29) when it plays host to Adelphi University at 4:00 p.m. in conference tilt at Larkin Field.
For the latest on Southern New Hampshire University athletics, follow the Penmen via social media on Twitter, Facebook, Youtube and Instagram. Sign up to receive text message alerts and e-mail newsletters about your favorite Penmen teams here.