When and Where: October 1, 2019 – Manchester, N.H. (Larkin Field)
Score: No. 3 Saint Anselm College 2, No. 9 Southern New Hampshire University 0
Records: SNHU 6-3 (4-2 Northeast-10), STA 8-0 (6-0 Northeast-10)
Third-ranked Saint Anselm College scored just over 30 seconds into the second quarter and put the game out of reach with a second marker less than a minute into the fourth to extend its shutout and win streak to eight consecutive contests, as the Hawks earned a 2-0 victory over No. 9 Southern New Hampshire University at Larkin Field on Tuesday.
- Carly LaCasse slid home what proved to be the game-winner 34 seconds into the second quarter, as she converted a feed from Michelle Lemelin on the doorstep to provide Saint Anselm with all the offense it would need.
- Julia Hand earned her eighth clean sheet of the season for the Hawks after stopping each of the four shots she faced, several of which were point-blank opportunities.
- Hannah Friend added an insurance goal for Saint Anselm 58 ticks into the fourth, her fourth of the season.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- Graduate student Melanie Rennie (Madison, Conn.) registered three saves in the Penmen cage.
- Southern New Hampshire outshot the Hawks, 10-5, and owned a 5-3 edge in penalty corners.
- After rattling off six consecutive victories, the Penmen have now dropped back-to-back contests.
- Southern New Hampshire takes a break from Northeast-10 Conference play on Friday (October 4) when it hosts Lindenwood University at 6 p.m.
For the latest on Southern New Hampshire University athletics, follow the Penmen via social media on Twitter, Facebook, Youtube and Instagram. You can also sign up to receive text message alerts and e-mail newsletters about your favorite Penmen teams.