When and Where: October 4, 2019 – Manchester, N.H. (Larkin Field)
Score: No. 9 Southern New Hampshire University 2, Lindenwood University 0
Records: SNHU 7-3 (4-2 Northeast-10), Lindenwood (4-3)
Sophomores Faye Turkmen (Bergen, The Netherlands) and Cameron Whelan (Seabrook, N.H.) scored second-half goals to lift No. 9 Southern New Hampshire University to a 2-0 win over Lindenwood University in a non-conference tilt at Larkin Field on Friday.
- Turkmen notched her first goal of the season, and fourth of her career, at 5:05 of the third quarter. Her shot found the right side of the net.
- Whelan made it 2-0 at 7:05 of the fourth quarter, scoring off a pass from sophomore Meaghan Wile (Littleton, Mass.).
- Graduate student Melanie Rennie (Madison, Conn.) made one save in the contest.
- SNHU snapped a scoreless streak at ten quarters when Turkmen advanced into the circle and fired the shot which eluded Lions goalie Mackenzie Litterst.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- The Penmen outshot the Lions 15-4, including 10-1 on shots on goal.
- Southern New Hampshire had a 9-1 advantage in penalty corners.
- This was the first meeting between the programs in field hockey. Lindenwood University is located in St. Charles, MO.
- The Lions will also play NE-10 members Saint Anselm College and Assumption College on this trip.
- SNHU earned its third shutout of the season.
- Southern New Hampshire continues Northeast-10 play on Wednesday (October 9) when it travels to Bentley University for a 7 p.m. contest.
- The next home game is Saturday, October 12 when the Penmen host Saint Thomas Aquinas College on Larkin Field at 1 p.m.
For the latest on Southern New Hampshire University athletics, follow the Penmen via social media on Twitter, Facebook, Youtube and Instagram. You can also sign up to receive text message alerts and e-mail newsletters about your favorite Penmen teams.