When and Where: November 16, 2019 – Shelton, Conn. (Sports Center of Connecticut)
Score: Southern New Hampshire University 10, Post University 4
Records: SNHU 5-1-0 (3-0-0 NE10), Post 1-3-1 (0-3-0 NE10)
Sophomore Jake Fox (Columbus, Ga.) and freshman James Nash (Hampton, N.H.) each scored twice as SNHU rolled to a 10-4 win at Post University Saturday.
- Freshman George Thurston (Plymouth, Mass.) opened the scoring for SNHU with his sixth goal of the season at 4:17 of the first period to make it 1-1. Junior Kyle Galloway (Sugar Hill, Ga.) assisted on the goal.
- Nash picked up his first goal of the game on the power play at 12:03 of the first period to tie the game up at 2-2. Sophomore Travis Quigley (North Babylon, N.Y.) had the assist.
- Second period goals by sophomore Max Kent (Sandwich, Mass.), Cox, and a power-play goal by sophomore Joe Fiorino (Willow Grove, Pa.) extended the lead to 5-2.
- After the Eagles made it 5-3, sophomore Andy Somerville (Medford, Mass.) scored with just 24 seconds left in the period for a 6-2 lead.
- The Penmen exploded for four more goals in less than three minutes of the third period to make it 10-3. Quigley, Cox, Nash and senior DJ Goldstein (Wareham, Mass.) had the goals for SNHU. Nash's second goal of the game was the third power-play goal of the night for the Penmen.
- Cox finished the night with two goals and two assists to take over the team lead with nine points. Thurston, who also added two assists, is the team leader with six goals.
- The Penmen outshot the Eagles 45-31 for the contest. SNHU went 3-for-7 on the power-play to improve the season total to 12 goals on 36 tries this season.
- SNHU now leads the All-time Series with Post 8-2. The Eagles are competing as a member of the Northeast-10 for the first time this season.
- The ten goals were the most scored for the Penmen since Head Coach Sean Walsh took over the program in 2017. SNHU won 9-3 over Post on February 2, 2018.
- SNHU and Post University will meet again on February 4 in New Hampshire.
- The Penmen continue the six-game road stretch when they play at Saint Anselm College on Friday, November 22 at 7:00 p.m.
- The next home game at The Ice Den will come on Saturday, November 30 in the opening game of the Manchester PAL Cup against Morrisville at 1:50 p.m.
For the latest on Southern New Hampshire University athletics, follow the Penmen via social media on Twitter, Facebook, Youtube and Instagram. You can also sign up to receive text message alerts and e-mail newsletters about your favorite Penmen teams.