When and Where: November 22, 2019 – Manchester, N.H. (Sullivan Arena)
Score: Southern New Hampshire University 4, Saint Anselm College 3
Records: SNHU 6-1-0 (4-0-0 NE10), Saint Anselm College 3-3-1 (2-1-1 NE10)
Senior Kurt Gutting (Weymouth, Mass.) made 50 saves and SNHU rallied with three goals in the second period en route to a 4-3 win at Saint Anselm College on Friday night at Sullivan Arena.
- Freshman James Nash (Hampton, N.H.) opened the scoring for SNHU with his fourth goal of the season---and fourth power-play goal, at 10:38.
- Sophomore Travis Quigley (North Babylon, N.Y.) and freshman George Thurston (Plymouth, Mass.) set up the shot
- A goal by junior Kyle Galloway (Sugar Hill, Ga.) tied the score just 46 seconds into the second period.
- Sophomore Phil Heisse (Overland Park, Kan.) and Thurston assisted on the play.
- Thurston put the Penmen in front just 35 seconds after the team went on its second power-play of the night with Quigley earning his second assist.
- Senior DJ Goldstein scored on a short-handed breakaway with just :16 remaining in the period to make it 4-2.
- The Hawks drew to within 4-3 less than a minute into the third period, but Gutting kept Saint Anselm from recording the equalizer.
- The Hawks outshot the Penmen in all three periods, and 53-24 for the game.
- SNHU went 2-for-3 on the power-play to improve the season total to 14-for-36 (.389) tries this season. Saint Anselm was 0-for-1.
- The Penmen were playing at Sullivan Arena for the first time since capturing the Northeast-10 Championship over the Hawks on March 2. That score was also 4-3 in favor of SNHU.
- SNHU and Saint Anselm will meet two more times at the end of the regular season on February 21-22, 2020.
- The Penmen conclude the six-game road stretch when they play at Colby College on Tuesday night.
- The next home game at The Ice Den will come on Saturday, November 30 in the opening game of the Manchester PAL Cup against Morrisville at 1:50 p.m.
For the latest on Southern New Hampshire University athletics, follow the Penmen via social media on Twitter, Facebook, Youtube and Instagram. You can also sign up to receive text message alerts and e-mail newsletters about your favorite Penmen teams.