When and Where: September 11, 2019 – Hooksett, N.H. (Penmen Stadium)
Score: Southern New Hampshire University 2, Post University 2 (2OT)
Records: SNHU 1-0-1, Post 0-1-1
Graduate student João Brum (Ribeira Grande, Portugal) scored twice, as the Southern New Hampshire University men's soccer team tied Post University, 2-2, Wednesday evening in double overtime at Penmen Stadium.
- Brum scored the equalizer in the 37th minute and the go-ahead goal in the 60th.
- Freshman Sinisa Sprecakovic (Mannheim, Germany) picked up an assist for the second straight contest.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- Senior Brian Murray (Camas, Wash.) made four saves over 110 minutes, while Post goalkeeper David Mollenthial turned aside six shots.
- The Penmen held a 15-8 advantage in shots, including 7-2 before halftime and 4-1 in the two extra sessions.
- Southern New Hampshire is unbeaten through two matches for the sixth straight season.
- Brum's multi-goal game was the first of his Penmen career.
- SNHU moves to 95-15-12 (.831) over its last 122 matches dating back to the beginning of the 2013 National Championship season.
- The Penmen are now 71-8-7 (.866) over their last 86 contests at home, including 9-1-1 at Penmen Stadium.
- The Penmen return to action Saturday, Sept. 14 (6 p.m.) when they take on the University of Bridgeport.
- The next home match for SNHU is Saturday, Sept. 21 (7 p.m.) when it plays host to Franklin Pierce University at Penmen Stadium.
For the latest on Southern New Hampshire University athletics, follow the Penmen via social media on Twitter, Facebook, Youtube and Instagram. You can also sign up to receive text message alerts and e-mail newsletters about your favorite Penmen teams.