When and Where: September 21, 2019 – Hooksett, N.H. (Penmen Stadium)
Score: Franklin Pierce University 2, Southern New Hampshire University 1
Records: SNHU 2-2-1 (0-1 Northeast-10), FPU 3-1-1 (1-0 Northeast-10)
Freshman Sinisa Sprecakovic (Mannheim, Germany) staked the Southern New Hampshire University men's soccer team to an early, 1-0, lead, but a Franklin Pierce University goal in the final 10 minutes of regulation proved to be the difference as the Penmen fell at home to the Ravens on Saturday, 2-1.
- The goal gives Sprecakovic the team lead in points with six.
- After Franklin Pierce knotted the score midway through the first half, Stefan Lohberger knocked home a feed from Marc Foner with 9:10 to play in the second half to break the 1-1 stalemate.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- Sophomore goalkeeper Patrick Quinn (Manchester, N.H.) made one save, while Ravens' goalkeeper Clay Thomas turned away three shots.
- FPU held a 9-6 edge in shots, including 7-2 over the final 45 minutes of action.
- The Ravens also owned a slim 4-3 advantage in corner kicks that included a 3-2 edge in the second half.
- This is the earliest the Penmen have dropped two contests since the 2011 campaign when they opened the season 3-2.
- SNHU falls to 96-17-12 (.816) over its last 125 matches dating back to the beginning of the 2013 National Championship season.
- The Penmen resume Northeast-10 play on Wednesday, Sept. 25 (4 p.m.) when they head to Assumption College.
- The next SNHU home game is Wednesday, Oct. 2 (4 p.m.) when Bentley University makes the trek to Penmen Stadium.
For the latest on Southern New Hampshire University athletics, follow the Penmen via social media on Twitter, Facebook, Youtube and Instagram. You can also sign up to receive text message alerts and e-mail newsletters about your favorite Penmen teams.