When and Where: September 25, 2019 – Worcester, Mass. (Multi-Sport Stadium)
Score: Assumption College 3, Southern New Hampshire University 2
Records: Assumption 5-1-0 (3-0-0 NE10), SNHU 2-3-1 (0-2-0 NE10)
Graduate student João Brum (Ribeira Grande, Portugal) gave the Penmen the lead 2:39 before halftime, but Assumption College would score twice in the second half to steal a 3-2 win from the Southern New Hampshire University men's soccer team on Wednesday evening at the Multi-Sport Stadium.
- Brum's goal came just 3:09 after freshman Nadjib Chibout (Lyon, France) tied it off a feed from senior Santi Cardona (Medellin, Colombia).
- After Assumption pulled even at 2-2 in the 61st minute, Nicholas Cardona scored the eventual game winner with just 9:07 on the clock.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- Senior goalkeeper Brian Murray (Camas, Wash.) made five saves, while Greyhound 'keeper Sebastian Jimenez turned away five of the seven shots he faced.
- Assumption held a 16-14 edge in shots and a 7-3 advantage in corner kicks.
- Southern New Hampshire has now dropped three straight, with all three losses coming by one goal. It is the first time the Penmen have lost three-in-a-row since Oct. 24-Nov. 1, 2009.
- The Penmen entered the match with a 20-1-4 all-time record against the Grehounds, including 11-0-1 since suffering its only loss in the series Oct. 19, 2007.
- SNHU falls to 96-18-12 (.810) over its last 126 matches dating back to the beginning of the 2013 National Championship season.
- The Penmen return to action Saturday, Sept. 28 (7 p.m.) when they battle Adelphi University.
- The next SNHU home game is Wednesday, Oct. 2 (4 p.m.) when Bentley University makes the trek to Penmen Stadium.
For the latest on Southern New Hampshire University athletics, follow the Penmen via social media on Twitter, Facebook, Youtube and Instagram. You can also sign up to receive text message alerts and e-mail newsletters about your favorite Penmen teams.