When and Where: September 28, 2019 – Garden City, N.Y. (Motamed Field)
Score: Adelphi University 2, Southern New Hampshire University 1
Records: Adelphi 7-0-0 (3-0-0 NE10), SNHU 2-4-1 (0-3-0 NE10)
Junior Jannik Mohr (Koblenz, Germany) buried a 23rd-minute penalty kick goal to put the Southern New Hampshire University men's soccer team in front, but top-ranked Adelphi University would score twice in the second half to claim a 2-1 victory Saturday night at Motamed Field.
- Mohr's goal was his first in a Penmen uniform.
- After Adelphi pulled even in the 51st minute, Tim De Meij scored what proved to be the game winner midway through the 65th.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- Sophomore goalkeeper Patrick Quinn (Manchester, N.H.) made eight saves, while Adelphi's Matt Apicella stopped a pair of shots.
- SNHU outshot Adelphi, 14-9, including 9-5 in the second stanza.
- The Panthers owned a 9-4 advantage in corner kicks, including 6-2 after halftime.
- Southern New Hampshire has now dropped four straight, with all four losses coming by one goal. It is the first time the Penmen have lost four-in-a-row since Sept. 27-Oct. 7, 2006.
- After winning the first five all-time meetings, the Penmen have now dropped six straight to the Panthers.
- SNHU falls to 96-19-12 (.803) over its last 127 matches dating back to the beginning of the 2013 National Championship season.
- The Penmen return to action Wednesday, Oct. 2 (4 p.m.) when they play host to Bentley University at Penmen Stadium.
For the latest on Southern New Hampshire University athletics, follow the Penmen via social media on Twitter, Facebook, Youtube and Instagram. You can also sign up to receive text message alerts and e-mail newsletters about your favorite Penmen teams.