When and Where: October 2, 2019 – Hooksett, N.H. (Penmen Stadium)
Score: Southern New Hampshire University 4, Bentley University 1
Records: SNHU 3-4-1 (1-3-0 NE10), Bentley 4-3-0 (2-1-0 NE10)
Junior Nadjib Chibout (Lyon, France) broke a 1-1 tie with his first goal of the game early in the second half, and added another goal late as SNHU pulled away for a 4-1 home win over Bentley University on Wednesday afternoon at Penmen Stadium.
- Chibout was involved in all three second-half goals for the Penmen. He put SNHU in front at 60:23, then assisted on a goal by senior Michael Goncalves (Ludlow, Mass.). Chibout added an unassisted goal at 80:54.
- Junior Jannik Mohr (Koblenz, Germany) had tied the game at 1-1 with his second goal of the season less than five minutes after his foul led to a penalty kick that gave the Falcons an early 1-0 lead.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- Sophomore goalkeeper Patrick Quinn (Manchester, N.H.) did not make a save in the game. Bentley's only shot on goal was the penalty kick they scored on.
- SNHU outshot the Falcons 27-6 and a wide 12-3 advantage on corner kicks.
- Southern New Hampshire had dropped four straight, with all four losses coming by one goal. This was the first NE10 win of the season for the Penmen.
- The Penmen improve to 29-3-6 all-time against Bentley. The teams played a scoreless contest last season.
- SNHU improves to 97-19-12 (.805) over its last 128 matches dating back to the beginning of the 2013 National Championship season.
- The Penmen return to action Saturday, Oct. 5 (4 p.m.) when they visit Saint Rose.
- The next home contest is Saturday, Oct. 12 when Southern New Hampshire plays host to American International College at 7 p.m.
For the latest on Southern New Hampshire University athletics, follow the Penmen via social media on Twitter, Facebook, Youtube and Instagram. You can also sign up to receive text message alerts and e-mail newsletters about your favorite Penmen teams.