When and Where: October 19, 2019 – Hooksett, N.H. (Penmen Stadium)
Score: Southern New Hampshire University 2, Le Moyne College 2 (2OT)
Records: SNHU 4-4-3 (2-3-2 NE10), Le Moyne 7-4-1 (3-3-1 NE10)
Freshman Sinisa Sprecakovic (Mannheim, Germany) and senior Michael Goncalves (Ludlow, Mass.) each netted goals to give the Southern New Hampshire University men's soccer team a one-score lead, but Le Moyne College would answer for a 2-2 draw Saturday at Penmen Stadium.
- Sprecakovic's 22nd-minute goal was his third of the season, tying him for fourth on the team in both goals (3) and points (8).
- Goncalves, who put the Penmen up, 2-1, in the 52nd minute, has now scored in three of the last four matches, including two straight, and owns a four-match point streak. He leads the team in points (12) and is tied for the team lead in goals (4).
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- Le Moyne answered to tie the game twice with 47th- and 53rd-minute strikes.
- Sophomore goalkeeper Patrick Quinn (Manchester, N.H.) made three saves, while Le Moyne's Josh Mahr tallied six stops.
- The Penmen outshot the Dolphins, 21-11, including 6-2 in the pair of overtime sessions.
- SNHU also held a 9-4 advantage in corner kicks, including 8-1 after halftime.
- Southern New Hampshire is unbeaten over its last four contests (2-0-2).
- The Penmen are 2-0-3 over their last five meetings with Le Moyne and extend their home unbeaten streak versus the Dolphins to 10 (6-0-4). The last time Le Moyne beat SNHU in Manchester was Oct. 23, 2004 (2-1).
- Freshman Mathis Daury (Chateauroux, France) picked up his first collegiate point with an assist on Sprecakovic's goal.
- SNHU moves to 98-19-14 (.802) over its last 131 matches dating back to the beginning of the 2013 National Championship season.
- The Penmen are now 73-9-8 (.856) over their last 90 contests at home, including 11-2-1 at Penmen Stadium.
- The Penmen return to action Wednesday, Oct. 23 (3 p.m.) when they take on Saint Michael's College.
- The next home contest for the SNHU is Tuesday, OCt. 29 (7 p.m.) when they play host to crosstown-rival Saint Anselm College at Penmen Stadium.
For the latest on Southern New Hampshire University athletics, follow the Penmen via social media on Twitter, Facebook, Youtube and Instagram. You can also sign up to receive text message alerts and e-mail newsletters about your favorite Penmen teams.