When and Where: October 26, 2019 – West Haven, Conn. (Kathy Zolad Stadium)
Score: Southern New Hampshire University 2, University of New Haven 1
Records: SNHU 6-4-3 (4-3-2 NE10), UNH 4-8-1 (2-6-1 NE10)
Graduate student João Brum (Ribeira Grande, Portugal) and freshman Sinisa Sprecakovic (Mannheim, Germany) each buried second-half goals, as the Southern New Hampshire University men's soccer team rallied past the University of New Haven for a 2-1 victory Saturday at Kathy Zolad Stadium.
- Brum, who has recorded a point in five of the last six contests, notched the equalizer in the 54th minute.
- Sprecakovic scored the eventual game winner midway through the 69th minute and has found the back of the net in three straight matches.
- Freshman Mathis Daury (Chateauroux, France), who assisted on the Brum strike, has collected a helper in three consecutive outings.
- Graduate student Alex Satrustegui (San Sebastian, Spain) also earned an assist on the game winner.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- JP Viruet put New Haven in front, 1-0, early in the 18th minute.
- Sophomore goalkeeper Patrick Quinn (Manchester, N.H.) stopped one shot, while New Haven's Stegano Lorusso made seven saves.
- The Penmen outshot the Chargers, 19-10, including 13-4 in the second stanza.
- Corner kicks were even at 4-all.
- Southern New Hampshire is unbeaten over its last six contests (4-0-2).
- The Penmen have now won seven straight against New Haven to improve to 27-4-1 in the all-time series. SNHU is also unbeaten on the road against the Chargers over the last 16 meetings (15-0-1) and has captured 13 straight. UNH last beat Southern New Hampshire at home Oct. 22, 1982 (1-0).
- Brum pulls into a tie for first on the team in both goals (5) and points (14), while Sprecakovic is also tied for the goals lead (5).
- SNHU moves to 100-19-14 (.805) over its last 133 matches dating back to the beginning of the 2013 National Championship season.
- The Penmen return to action Tuesday, Oct. 29 (7 p.m.) when they play host to crosstown-rival Saint Anselm College at Penmen Stadium.
For the latest on Southern New Hampshire University athletics, follow the Penmen via social media on Twitter, Facebook, Youtube and Instagram. You can also sign up to receive text message alerts and e-mail newsletters about your favorite Penmen teams.