When and Where: September 29, 2019 – Middlebury, Conn. (Edgewood Bath & Tennis)
Score: Southern New Hampshire University 6, Post University 1
Records: SNHU 2-0, Post 0-1
Five of six members of the lineup won a pair of matches, as the Southern New Hampshire University men's tennis team recorded a 6-1 victory against Post University on Sunday at Edgewood Bath & Tennis.
- Senior Willem van Biezen (Sassenheim, Netherlands) posted a 6-1, 4-6, 6-2 win at No. 1 singles over Nino Krneta and teamed with his brother and classmate Bas van Biezen (Sassenheim, Netherlands) for a 6-2 triumph against Krneta and Cooper Smith at No. 1 doubles. Bas van Biezen was a 6-2, 6-0 winner at No. 3 singles versus Samuel Urban.
- Sophomore Emmanuel Vacalares (Cagayan de Oro, Philippines) toppled Smith, 6-2, 7-5, at No. 2 singles and tallied a 6-1 win at No. 2 doubles against Urban and Niklas Langenfield, as he combined with junior Guido Jannsen (Zeewolde, Netherlands).
- Sophomore Fernando Torres (Trujillo Alto, Puerto Rico) breezed to a 6-1, 6-1 win at No. 5 singles against Langenfield and secured a 6-2 victory with freshman Oscar Hawken (Oslo, Norway) against Joe Alvord and Samurel Rodriguez at No. 3 doubles. Hawken took care of Rodriguez, 6-2, 6-0, at No. 6 singles.
- Southern New Hampshire is 2-0 for the fifth straight season.
- The Penmen return to action Sunday, Oct. 6 (9 a.m.) when they play host to Daemen College at the Penmen Stadium Tennis Courts.
For the latest on Southern New Hampshire University athletics, follow the Penmen via social media on Twitter, Facebook, Youtube and Instagram. You can also sign up to receive text message alerts and e-mail newsletters about your favorite Penmen teams.