When and Where: September 7, 2019 – Manchester, N.H. (Saint Anselm College)
Distance: Men's race, 8K
Results: Southern New Hampshire University – 1st/3 (15)
The Penmen opened the season at Saturday's Shacklette Invitational at Saint Anselm College with a convincing victory. SNHU runners swept the top six positions and eight of the top nine.
- The race was won by senior Michael Moreno (Houston, Texas) with a time of 26:41.63.
- Junior Cedric Joceyln (Nyack, N.Y.) and junior Micah Hewitson (New Market, Md.) ran together at the event for a second consecutive year, finishing second and third.
- Sophomore Alex Boedeker (Attleboro, Mass.) wound up in fourth place, sophomore Conner Leone (Southington, Conn.) was fifth and junior Jack Ardrey (Milford, Conn.) ran sixth.
- SNHU wins the Shacklette for the second consecutive season. The Penmen won the event for the first time in 2018.
- This was the 38th running of the event which started in 1982. Saint Anselm (51) and Saint Michael's College (76) also participated.
- The Penmen will compete at the Paul Short Invitational at Lehigh University on Saturday, October 5, 2019.
For the latest on Southern New Hampshire University athletics, follow the Penmen via social media on Twitter, Facebook, Youtube and Instagram. You can also sign up to receive text message alerts and e-mail newsletters about your favorite Penmen teams.