When and Where: October 5, 2019 – Bethlehem, Penn. (Lehigh University)
Distance: Men's race, 8K
Results: Southern New Hampshire University – 9th/44 (394)
Junior Cedric Jocelyn (Nyack, N.Y.) finished sixth in the Men's Brown Race at the Paul Short Invitational on Saturday and the Penmen finished ninth in the 44-team event.
- Four of the five Penmen who scored in the race ran PRs. Jocelyn clocked in at 24:55.4, his top 8k while competing for the Penmen.
- Senior Michael Moreno (Houston, Texas) also established a new mark, finishing 21st overall in 25:08.0.
- Junior Micah Hewitson (New Market, Md.) wound up 43rd in 25:21.3
- Sophomore Alex Boedeker (Attleboro, Mass.) 25:52.3 and junior Jack Ardrey (Milford, Conn.) 26:27.3 also turned in personal best times at the Paul Short.
- This was the first event for SNHU since winning the Shacklette Invitation for the second consecutive season on September 7th at Saint Anselm College.
- The University of New Hampshire (161 points) won the event. Southern Connecticut State and Binghamton University finished second and third.
- The Penmen will compete at the New England Championships at Franklin Park next Saturday, Oct. 12.
For the latest on Southern New Hampshire University athletics, follow the Penmen via social media on Twitter, Facebook, Youtube and Instagram. You can also sign up to receive text message alerts and e-mail newsletters about your favorite Penmen teams.