When and Where: September 21, 2019 – Hooksett, N.H. (Penmen Stadium)
Score: Southern New Hampshire University 5, University of New Haven 0
Records: SNHU 4-1-0 (2-1-0 NE10), UNH 1-4-1 (0-3 NE10)
Sophomore Dorthea Glorud (Brumunddal, Norway) tallied a goal and an assist in the first half on Saturday, as the 22nd-ranked Southern New Hampshire University women's soccer team scored four times in the opening 45 minutes to ease past the University of New Haven, 5-2.
- Glorud's three-point night gives her sole possession of the team lead in points (10) on three goals and four assists.
- Sophomore goalkeeper Hannah Rose (Waterloo, Ontario) turned away five of the seven shots she faced to improve to 4-1 on the season.
- Senior Emily Roan's (Bridgewater, Mass) first of the year proved to be the game-winner midway through the first half, as she converted a feed from Glorud to break a one-all tie.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- New Haven goalkeeper Paige Davis stopped nine shots in the setback, as the Penmen put 14 shots on frame.
- Southern New Hampshire outshot New Haven, 29-8, and held a 9-0 edge in corner kicks.
- Junior Allyson Patterson (Seekonk, Mass.) collected her team-best fourth goal of the year, while freshman Jordan Butters (Beverly, Mass.) deposited her third and sophomore Cassie Andrade (New Bedford, Mass.) added her second of the season in the first half.
- At 4-1, Southern New Hampshire is off to its best five-game start since 2017 when it captured the Northeast-10 Championship and advanced to the second round of the NCAA Tournament.
- The Penmen improve to 37-10-8 (.746) over their last 55 matches dating back to the 2016 campaign.
- SNHU also betters its record to 21-2-2 (.880) at home since the end of the 2016 season.
- The Penmen return to action Tuesday, Sept. 24 (7 p.m.) when they head to Rindge to take on Franklin Pierce University.
- The next Southern New Hampshire University home game is Wednesday, Oct. 2 (7 p.m.) when the Penmen host Stonehill College.
For the latest on Southern New Hampshire University athletics, follow the Penmen via social media on Twitter, Facebook, Youtube and Instagram. You can also sign up to receive text message alerts and e-mail newsletters about your favorite Penmen teams.