When and Where: October 2, 2019 – Hooksett, N.H. (Penmen Stadium)
Score: Stonehill College 5, Southern New Hampshire University 2
Records: Stonehill 7-1-1 (5-0-1 NE10), SNHU 5-3-0 (3-3-0 NE10)
Senior Alexis Fruzzetti (Hanson, Mass.) scored in the first half and junior Allyson Patterson (Seekonk, Mass.) recorded a second-half marker, but SNHU fell 5-2 to Stonehill on Wednesday at Penmen Stadium.
- Fruzzetti tipped in a ball from Shae Roys (No. Billerica, Mass.) at 6:47 of the first half, just 1:37 after the Skyhawks had taken an early 1-0 lead.
- Patterson, who has scored a goal in five consecutive games, found the net 4:40 into the second half to make it 4-2, but the Penmen could not get any closer.
- Emma Slade scored the first and last goals of the game for the Skyhawks.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- The loss was the first at home this season for SNHU after winning the first four contests at Penmen Stadium.
- The Skyhawks outshot the Penmen, 15-12 for the game.
- SNHU held a 6-5 advantage on corner kicks, with all six coming in the first half.
- Stonehill remains one of two NE10 programs without a conference loss this season, along with the College of Saint Rose.
- SNHU had been 7-0-1 in the last eight meetings with Stonehill. The last win by the Skyhawks over the Penmen was Sept. 7, 2010.
- The Penmen dip to 38-12-8 (.724) over their last 58 matches dating back to the 2016 campaign.
- The Penmen return to action this Saturday, Oct. 5 (4 p.m.) when they take on #19 Pace University at Penmen Stadium.
For the latest on Southern New Hampshire University athletics, follow the Penmen via social media on Twitter, Facebook, Youtube and Instagram. You can also sign up to receive text message alerts and e-mail newsletters about your favorite Penmen teams.