When and Where: October 22, 2019 – Waltham, Mass. (Bentley Field)
Score: Bentley University 2, Southern New Hampshire University 0
Records: Bentley 6-6-1 (5-5-0 NE10), SNHU 9-4-0 (6-4-0 NE10)
Sophomore goalkeeper Hannah Rose (Waterloo, Ontario) made four saves, but Bentley University scored twice in the second half to sink the 24th-ranked Southern New Hampshire University women's soccer team, 2-0, Tuesday afternoon at Bentley Field.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- Haley Bernhardt broke the scoreless deadlock just 1:23 into the second half, with Emma Guccione doubling the host team's lead in the 67th minute.
- Bentley's Hassapis stopped all three shots she saw.
- The Falcons outshot the Penmen, 11-5, including 5-1 after the break.
- Bentley also doubled up SNHU in corner kicks, 6-3, as well as 6-2 in the second half.
- SNHU has its four-match winning streak halted.
- Junior Allyson Patterson (Seekonk, Mass.) had her nine-match point streak snapped.
- The Penmen fall to 42-13-8 (.730) over their last 63 matches dating back to the 2016 campaign.
- The Penmen return to action Saturday, Oct. 26 (2 p.m.) when they play host to the 11th-ranked College of Saint Rose at Penmen Stadium.
For the latest on Southern New Hampshire University athletics, follow the Penmen via social media on Twitter, Facebook, Youtube and Instagram. You can also sign up to receive text message alerts and e-mail newsletters about your favorite Penmen teams.