When and Where: October 26, 2019 – Hooksett, N.H. (Penmen Stadium)
Score: Southern New Hampshire University 3, College of Saint Rose 2
Records: SNHU 10-4-0 (7-4-0 NE10), Saint Rose 11-2-1 (7-2-1 NE10)
Sophomore Dorthea Glorud (Brumunddal, Norway) scored two goals, including the 74th-minute game winner, to lead the 24th-ranked Southern New Hampshire University women's soccer team to a 3-2 triumph over the 11th-ranked College of Saint Rose on Saturday afternoon at Penmen Stadium.
- Glorud broke the ice midway through the 26th minute and then won it for the Penmen with 16:12 remaining in regulation.
- Sophomore Sydney Carney (Northborough, Mass.) and junior Allyson Patterson (Seekonk, Mass.) collected assists on the two Glorud markers.
- Sophomore goalkeeper Hannah Rose (Waterloo, Ontario) racked up eight saves.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- Saint Rose answered Glorud's first goal in the 27th minute and then, following a 61st-minute own goal that put the Penmen up, 2-1, gained the equalizer again in the 68th minute.
- Marika Laurendeau made three stops for Saint Rose.
- The Golden Knights held advantages in shots (16-11) and corner kicks (4-2).
- SNHU has its four-match winning streak halted.
- Southern New Hampshire is now a perfect 3-0-0 against nationally-ranked opponents this season.
- This marks the fifth straight season sixth-year head coach Elie Monteiro has guided the Penmen to a 10-win campaign.
- Patterson, who has recorded at least one point in 12 of 14 matches this season, leads the squad in goals (10) and is tied with Glorud for the team lead in points (24).
- Carney adds to her league-leading assist total with her 11th helper.
- The Penmen improve to 43-13-8 (.734) over their last 64 matches dating back to the 2016 campaign.
- SNHU also betters its record to 24-2-2 (.893) at home since the end of the 2016 season.
- The Penmen return to action Wednesday, Oct. 30 (5 p.m.) when they play host corsstown-rival Saint Anselm College at Penmen Stadium.
For the latest on Southern New Hampshire University athletics, follow the Penmen via social media on Twitter, Facebook, Youtube and Instagram. You can also sign up to receive text message alerts and e-mail newsletters about your favorite Penmen teams.