When and Where: October 30, 2019 – Hooksett, N.H. (Penmen Stadium)
Score: Southern New Hampshire University 1, Saint Anselm College 1
Records: SNHU 10-4-1 (7-4-1 NE10), Saint Anselm 7-2-6 (4-2-5 NE10)
Freshman Jordan Butters (Beverly, Mass.) found the back of the net with 52 seconds remaining in regulation to forge a 1-1 tie, and that is the way the match would end, as the 25th-ranked Southern New Hampshire University women's soccer team and Saint Anselm College played to a draw following 110 minutes of action Wednesday evening at Penmen Stadium.
- Butters' goal is the fourth of her rookie campaign.
- Junior Allyson Patterson (Seekonk, Mass.) set up the equalizer for her team-leading 25th point of the season.
- Sophomore goalkeeper Hannah Rose (Waterloo, Ontario) stopped seven of the eight shots she faced over 83:01 of action.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- Senior Brittany Wilkie (Victorville, Calif.), making her first appearance in a Penmen uniform, stopped both shots she faced in the initial 26:59 of the contest. Saint Anselm goalkeeper Payton Wildrick racked up 10 saves.
- Suzanne Cotter broke a scoreless deadklock with just 6:09 left to play in regulation.
- Sophomore Dorthea Glorud (Brumunddal, Norway) had a chance to end it in the 104th minute, but Wildrick made a fantastic diving stop to keep it tied.
- The Penmen held a 21-14 advantage in shots, including 16-10 after halftime.
- SNHU also owned a 4-3 edge in corner kicks.
- Southern New Hampshire is now unbeaten in six of its last seven (5-1-1).
- SNHU moves to 3-1-1 in its last five against Saint Anselm and leads the all-time series, 22-11-5.
- Patterson has now recorded at least one point in 13 of 15 matches this season.
- The Penmen move to 43-13-9 (.731) over their last 65 matches dating back to the 2016 campaign.
- SNHU is also now 24-2-3 (.879) at home since the end of the 2016 season.
- With the tie, each teams earns one point in the Queen City Cup standings, with SNHU holding an 11-5 lead.
- The Penmen wrap up the regular season Tuesday, Nov. 5 (7 p.m.) when they travel to take on American International College..
For the latest on Southern New Hampshire University athletics, follow the Penmen via social media on Twitter, Facebook, Youtube and Instagram. You can also sign up to receive text message alerts and e-mail newsletters about your favorite Penmen teams.