When and Where: March 16, 2019 – Goffstown, N.H. (YMCA Allard Center)
Score: Southern New Hampshire University 7, Roberts Wesleyan College 0
Records: SNHU 8-9, RWC 10-8
Senior Anna Sala (Matadepera, Spain) won both of her top-flight matches, including the clincher at No. 1 singles, to lead the Southern New Hampshire University women's tennis team to a 7-0 victory against Roberts Wesleyan College on Saturday night at the YMCA Allard Center of Goffstown.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Freshman Alexxa Etienne (Bayamon, Puerto Rico) and senior Rachel Wagner (Framingham, Mass.) opened the match with a 6-0 No. 2 doubles victory against Bijisha Shrestha and Salome Darsalia, before Sala and classmate Sofia Morais (Porto, Portugal) clinched the doubles point with a 6-2 win at No. 1 over Nthabi Mogopodi and Andrea Gallardo. Freshmen Lior Pachuorkovski (Zoran, Israel) and Elizabeth Dwyer (Cutchogue, N.Y.) finished off the doubles sweep by doubling up Marousia Bosch and Laura Freeman, 6-3, at No. 3.
- Pachuorkovski kicked off singles play by making quick work of Shrestha, 6-1, 6-0, at No. 4.
- Morais made it 3-0 with a 6-3, 6-0 triumph over Gallardo at No. 2 singles.
- Sala then clinched the match for the Penmen with a 6-2, 6-2 victory over Mogopodi at No. 1.
- Etienne battle Bosch at No. 3, eventually pulling out a 6-4, 4-6, 10-7 win.
- Dwyer defeated Darsalia, 7-6 (7-1), 6-2 at No. 6.
- Wagner polished off the win by outlasting Freeman, 7-5, 4-6, 10-5, at No. 5.
- The victory snaps a three-match losing skid for SNHU.
- The Penmen return to action Sunday, April 7 (11 a.m.) when they play host to Endicott College.
For the latest on Southern New Hampshire University athletics, follow the Penmen via social media on Twitter, Facebook, Youtube and Instagram. Sign up to receive text message alerts and e-mail newsletters about your favorite Penmen teams here.