When and Where: April 7, 2019 – Hooksett, N.H. (Penmen Stadium Tennis Courts)
Score: Southern New Hampshire University 5, Endicott College 2
Records: SNHU 9-9, Endicott 12-4
Seniors Anna Sala (Matadepera, Spain), Sofia Morais (Porto, Portugal) and Rachel Wagner (Framingham, Mass.), as well as freshman Alexxa Etienne (Bayamon, Puerto Rico), won both of their matches to lead the Southern New Hampshire University women's tennis team to a 5-2 Senior Day victory against Endicott College in its season finale Sunday afternoon at the Penmen Stadium Tennis Courts.
- Sala was a 6-4, 6-0 winner at No. 1 singles against Justine Hoover and teamed with Morais for a 6-1 triumph over Gretta Hartman and Fernanda Trevino at No. 1 doubles.
- Morais toppled Trevino, 6-1, 6-0 at No. 2 singles.
- Etienne defeated Hartman, 6-1, 6-2, at No. 3 singles, and combined with Wagner for a 6-1 win at No. 2 doubles against Hoover and Clare O'Keefe.
- Wagner posted a 6-1, 6-1 victory at No. 4 singles over Cameron Foley.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Sala and Morais opened the match with their No. 1 doubles win, before Wagner and Etienne clinched the doubles point at No. 2. Foley and Cara McCormack salvaged a win at No. 3 with a 7-6 (7-4) win against freshman Lior Pachuorkovski (Zoran, Israel) and junior Abbey Killiam (Rowley, Mass.).
- Morais and Sala made it 3-0 with their singles victories, before Etienne clinched the match and Wagner followed to make it 5-0.
- Endicott won at Nos. 5 and 6 to cap the match.
- The victory is the second straight for Southern New Hampshire.
- Sala, Morais, Wagner and Killiam were honored in a Senior Day ceremony prior to the match.
For the latest on Southern New Hampshire University athletics, follow the Penmen via social media on Twitter, Facebook, Youtube and Instagram. Sign up to receive text message alerts and e-mail newsletters about your favorite Penmen teams here.