When and Where: October 7, 2019 – Liverpool, N.Y. (Elevate Fitness)
Score: Southern New Hampshire University 4, Le Moyne College 3
Records: SNHU 9-1 (8-1 Northeast-10), Le Moyne 8-2 (6-2 Northeast-10)
Sophomore Elizabeth Dwyer (Cutchogue, N.Y.) won both her matches Monday, including the deciding point at No. 6 singles, to help lead the Southern New Hampshire University women's tennis team to a 4-3 victory over Le Moyne College in Northeast-10 Conference action at Elevate Fitness.
- Dwyer rolled to a 6-2, 6-2 triumph in her singles flight after teaming with freshman Isabella Andrade (Cochabama, Bolivia) to post a 6-0 win at No. 3 doubles.
- Andrade also turned in an unbeaten afternoon with a 6-2, 6-0 victory at No. 5 singles.
- Freshman Magdalena Hubickova (Prague, Czech Republic) and sophomore Alexxa Etienne (Bayamon, Puerto Rico) closed out Southern New Hampshire's doubles point with a 7-6 (7-3) win in the top flight.
- Etienne also picked up a point for the Penmen at No. 3 singles, as she battled to a 6-4, 1-6, 6-3 victory over Francesca Lilliegren.
- Southern New Hampshire has now won seven consecutive matches.
- The Penmen victory broke a four-way tie atop the Northeast-10 Conference standings. SNHU now holds a half-match lead over Stonehill College and Adelphi University, which are both 7-1 through eight conference matches.
- Southern New Hampshire concludes Northeast-10 play on Saturday (October 12) when it heads to the University of New Haven for a noon match against the Chargers.
- The Penmen wrap up the regular season portion of their fall slate on Sunday (October 13) when they host Daemen College at 1 p.m.
For the latest on Southern New Hampshire University athletics, follow the Penmen via social media on Twitter, Facebook, Youtube and Instagram. You can also sign up to receive text message alerts and e-mail newsletters about your favorite Penmen teams.