When and Where: October 22, 2019 – Manchester, N.H. (Stan Spirou Field House)
Score: Southern New Hampshire University 3, Saint Michael's College 0
Records: SNHU 11-8 (3-2 NE10), SMC 1-13 (0-6 NE10)
Sophomore Ramona Fontaine (Chelsea, Mass.) registered a career-high 10 kills to help guide the Southern New Hampshire University women's volleyball team to a three-set sweep of Saint Michael's College on Tuesday evening at the Stan Spirou Field House. Set scores were 25-14, 25-15, 25-15.
- Fontaine – career-high 10 kills, .769 hitting, 2 blocks
- Senior Baylee Lippincott (Phoenix, Ariz.) – 9 kills, .304 hitting, 2 blocks
- Freshman Juliana Pacini (Sao Paulo, Brazil) – 8 kills, .261 hitting, 2 aces, 3 digs
- Senior Brooke Freckleton (Red Cliffs, Australia) – 7 kills, .500 hitting, 3 blocks
- Freshman Ainsley Knox (Houston, Texas) – 18 assists, 6 digs
- Senior Joanne Coffey (Merrimack, N.H.) – 2 kills, 16 assists, 3 digs
- Freshman Angela Crosetti (Puebla, Mexico) – 13 digs
- Freshman Grace Pierce (Fairfax, Va.) – 2 kills, 2 aces, 3 blocks
- Junior Gabrielle Woodson (Melbourne, Fla.) – 9 digs
- Sophomore Megan Palmer (Prior Lake, Minn.) – 5 digs
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- The Penmen outhit the Purple Knights in all three sets, as well as, .398-.033 for the match.
- SNHU, which has now won five of its last six, including three straight, has its best record through the first 19 matches of the season since 2014 when it also began the year 11-8.
- The Penmen are back in action Saturday, Oct. 26 (1 p.m.) when they take on the University of New Haven.
- The next home match for SNHU is Friday, Nov. 1 (7 p.m.) when it plays host to Le Moyne College at the Stan Spirou Field House.
For the latest on Southern New Hampshire University athletics, follow the Penmen via social media on Twitter, Facebook, Youtube and Instagram. You can also sign up to receive text message alerts and e-mail newsletters about your favorite Penmen teams.