When and Where: October 26, 2019 – West Haven, Conn. (Charger Gymnasium)
Score: University of New Haven 3, Southern New Hampshire University 0
Records: UNH 12-7 (5-2 NE10), SNHU 11-9 (3-3 NE10)
Freshman Juliana Pacini (Sao Paulo, Brazil) led the team with eight kills, but the Southern New Hampshire University women's volleyball team fell to the University of New Haven, 3-0, Saturday afternoon at Charger Gymnasium. Set scores were 25-15, 25-15, 25-22.
- Pacini – 8 kills, 7 digs
- Senior Baylee Lippincott (Phoenix, Ariz.) – 6 kills
- Sophomore Ramona Fontaine (Chelsea, Mass.) – 5 kills, 2 blocks
- Senior Brooke Freckleton (Red Cliffs, Australia) – 3 kills, 2 blocks
- Senior Joanne Coffey (Merrimack, N.H.) – 3 kills, 10 assists, 4 digs
- Freshman Ainsley Knox (Houston, Texas) – 10 assists, 3 digs
- Freshman Angela Crosetti (Puebla, Mexico) – 15 digs
- Junior Gabrielle Woodson (Melbourne, Fla.) – 5 digs, 3 aces
- Sophomore Megan Palmer (Prior Lake, Minn.) – 8 digs
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- The Chargers outhit the Penmen in all three sets, as well as, .245-.043 for the match.
- SNHU, which entered having won five of its last six, saw its three-match winning streak snapped.
- The Penmen have their best record through the first 20 matches of the season since 2014 when it began the year 12-8.
- The Penmen are back in action Friday, Nov. 1 (7 p.m.) when they play host to Le Moyne College at the Stan Spirou Field House.
For the latest on Southern New Hampshire University athletics, follow the Penmen via social media on Twitter, Facebook, Youtube and Instagram. You can also sign up to receive text message alerts and e-mail newsletters about your favorite Penmen teams.