When and Where: November 16, 2019 – Manchester, N.H. (Stan Spirou Field House)
Score: American International College 3, Southern New Hampshire University 2
Records: AIC 13-16 (10-3 NE10), SNHU 14-12 (6-6 NE10)
Senior Baylee Lippincott (Phoenix, Ariz.) turned in a team-best 12 kills and sophomore Ramona Fontaine (Chelsea, Mass.) matched her career high with 10 kills, but the Southern New Hampshire University women's volleyball team dropping a heart-breaking 3-2 decision against American International College on Saturday afternoon at the Stan Spirou Field House. Set scores were 25-20, 25-20, 17-25, 22-25, 15-13.
- Lippincott – 12 kills
- Fontaine – 10 kills, .261 hitting, 5 blocks
- Freshman Juliana Pacini (Sao Paulo, Brazil)– 8 kills, 10 digs
- Freshman Grace Pierce (Fairfax, Va.) – 7 kills, .267 hitting, 4 digs, 6 blocks
- Senior Joanne Coffey (Merrimack, N.H.) – 12 assists, 5 kills, 8 digs, 2 blocks
- Sophomore Michaela Choate (Nashua, N.H.) – 4 kill, three blocks
- Junior Gabrielle Woodson (Melbourne, Fla.) – 3 aces, 12 digs
- Freshman Ainsley Knox (Houston, Texas) – 16 assists, 6 digs
- Freshman Angela Crosetti (Puebla, Mexico) – 30 digs, four assists
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- The Yellow Jackets outhit the Penmen in three of the five sets, as well as .188-.147 for the match.
- After winning eight of 10, including six of seven and three straight, Southern New Hampshire has now dropped three-in-a-row.
- With one match to go, SNHU is tied for sixth place in the Northeast-10 standings. The top eight teams qualify for the NE10 Championship.
- The Penmen still have their best record through the first 26 matches of the season since 2014 when it began the year 17-9.
- The Penmen are back in action Sunday (Nov. 17) at 10:30 a.m. when they play host to Southern Connecticut State University at the Stan Spirou Field House.
For the latest on Southern New Hampshire University athletics, follow the Penmen via social media on Twitter, Facebook, Youtube and Instagram. You can also sign up to receive text message alerts and e-mail newsletters about your favorite Penmen teams.