When and Where: October 20, 2018 – Bruce Kirsh Cross Country Cup, Hopkinton, N.H.
Distance: Women's race, 5k
Results: Southern New Hampshire University – 4th/11 (124)
The Penmen finished in 4th place in the 11 team field at the 6th annual Bruce Kirsh Cross Country Cup at the Hopkinton Fairgrounds on Saturday. Jill Couto had her best finish of the season, running third among the 124 participants.
- Couto, a junior (Newton Junction, N.H), stopped the clock in 18:42.1. That ranks as the seventh fastest time in Penmen history. It was her personal best by almost nine seconds. Couto won the race last year.
- Freshman Grace Henson (Cumberland, R.I.) ran 19.19.2 and was 11th overall. The two-time NE10 Rookie of the Week was the top freshman finisher in the race.
- Junior Jill Dieterich (Commack, N.Y.) finished third on the team and 25th overall (19:49.7)
- Sophomore Maura Coakley (Yorktown Heights, N.Y.) also broke the 20 minute barrier with a 19:58.4, finishing 32nd.
- Christine Myers of St. Rose was the race winner with a time of 18:34.2.
- Stonehill, Merrimack and St. Anselm finished ahead of the Penmen in team scoring. The top five runners for the Skyhawks all finished in the top 12 for a team score of 40.
- The Northeast-10 Championship will be held on Sunday, November 4 at the same venue, the Hopkinton, N.H. Fairgrounds.
For the latest on Southern New Hampshire University athletics, follow the Penmen via social media on Twitter, Facebook, Youtube and Instagram. Sign up to receive text message alerts and e-mail newsletters about your favorite Penmen teams here.