When and Where: November 9, 2019 - NCAA Division II East Regional (Belmont Plateau, Philadelphia, Pa.) - Distance: 6k
Result: Southern New Hampshire University – 3rd/23 (130)
Led by sophomore Ashley Corcoran (East Longmeadow, Mass.), the SNHU women's cross country team advanced to the NCAA National Championship for the first time by finishing third at the East Regionals Saturday in Philadelphia.
- It was another tremendous race for Corcoran, who has led the team in each race this season. Corcoran finished second overall in 22:23.2, just four seconds off race winner Samatha Curtin of Stonehill.
- Sophomore Grace Henson (Cumberland, R.I.) came in 16th at 23:08.
- Freshman Lydia Mathson (Nashua, N.H.) and junior Maura Coakley (Yorktown Heights, N.Y.) finished together in 38th and 39th place at 24:04.9 and 24:09.7.
- Senior Madison Brand (Valhalla, N.Y.) came in 45th in 24:19.4 to complete the team scoring.
- This will be the first trip to the NCAA Division II National Championship for the SNHU women. The previous program best at the Regionals had been sixth place.
- Stonehill College (26) won the team title, with Roberts Wesleyan(41) finishing just ahead of SNHU (130). Adelphi (146) finished fourth and Saint Anselm College (198) was in fifth place.
- Southern New Hampshire will compete at the NCAA Division II National Championship on November 23rd at Haggin Oaks Golf Course in Sacramento, Calif.
For the latest on Southern New Hampshire University athletics, follow the Penmen via social media on Twitter, Facebook, Youtube and Instagram. You can also sign up to receive text message alerts and e-mail newsletters about your favorite Penmen teams.